Saturday, July 8, 2023

Saturday July 8th

Here we are two days later and still excited about the BetterPress techniques. Dawn came over Thursday and we experimented and just played with it. Most everything we did was with Neenah 110 cardstock. I liked the cotton papers, but for the most part I got a crisper image on the Neenah. I wasn't getting the 'impressed' image  on the cotton paper. So.........Please take a look at the videos out there (?) I will like a couple. I watched Simon Hurley and that was good. The really interesting one was Bibi Cameron. She is not afraid to take chances!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aKmtWhnqZQ  

Everyone  of them have something to offer. 

 Friday I used my BetterPress dies with my foil machine. This totally makes it worth the investment. Here are some of my observations...


                            
               These are just gold foiled. I finally put the one with the flower cluster together and tried to watercolor. Needs love......
                    Black foil, oh my, this is stunning! 110# Neenah cs             The day got even better when I tried my Memento inkpad on the dies. #110 cs & memento. I can use my copics!!!

 FYI: On every piece I inked with the Memento I used a 5x7 110# cardstock shim on the top of the press. Without that I would've had to run the piece through at least two times.
                                     TAKE A LOOK!!





 I saw several florals used as a background in circles, arches and more. These I could cut up if I want to after I use my copics! Ha.

                          FYI: Watch the Bibi Cameron video! She wraps her magnetic base in press & seal. She removes one of the extra shims from under the base to make room that the press & seal will take. This is the easiest clean up ever. No ink on the base!

                            Couple more pictures today.........


Finally finished a colored  pencil. Next and last one, if the 65# flimsy cs inked with the betterpress ink and finished with copic markers! Not a good idea as it smeared in places.
Hope you have as much fun as I have the last few days!

Thanks for looking today!
Mary
                             


No comments: