Monday, May 1, 2023

                    Happy May Day!

I am pretty old so I remember on May 1st my Mom would bake cupcakes, muffins or cookies. We (my sister and I would go to the neighbors house and leave the basket, and ring the doorbell and run!! 

 I did this one for my son and his wife. Blueberry muffins.... that time I had to drive & run away!  Always fun to suprise someone. 

               Here are some vintage pictures from the internet.



                 Maypole dance......The maypole was a 'living tree' and we always thought of it as a  festival of spring. The maypole was decorated with flowers and greenery.  It was a happy celebration. 


                          Okay, I need to take some pictures of my cards, so hopefully, tomorrow we can share some of the projects done last week.


                             Thanks for looking & Happy Spring!

                                              Mary

No comments: