Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday

 Good morning! Yes, I have been super busy with cards, and paper 'stuff'! I haven't posted as I have a dozen things started and NOT finished!! If you are a crafter, I am sure you can relate. Some of the projects are flowers.. and you know how many days that can take. Each card has over a dozen flowers on it, so be sure and take a few days to prepare ahead! I will treat you to Yana Smakulas video and you see what I am talking about. In a couple days I will show you the ones I actually finished! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRK_1BQD780 I did copy & paste the link in my browser and it worked. Sorry you can't just click. 

As most of you know I have stamps, inks and dies in our third bedroom. Repeat that for the second bedroom. Now repeat & add computers, printers, stamps in the fourth bedroom. Good grief, we don't have a dining room as it is for stamping. Light is good in there. So onto my last mess...... the kitchen ISLAND! For 2 days we couldn't use it! AWK!


Yes, I got the Gemini Hot foil machine and I have very mixed feelings about it. I also had a Minc & the reactive foils. So it is a whole 'new' thing. Watch a you tube by Sara Davis from Crafters Companion. She mentioned that you can use your regular dies.
This one linked is a nice comparison by Carissa Wiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83a-hz84sI   again just copy &  paste. Yanna has one too...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En8Mg9_mYnE   Like how she hinges the word die. As you can see, that is about all I accomplished in 2 plus days.


 The 'word' and star dies are specific to 'Hot foiling' The leafy frame is from altnew & I tried numerous times to make it look like it had an outline in gold... Waste waste. Sara Davies did say (since I couldn't find her link just now), that if you did say a 'regular rectangle' die you need to fussy cut it out after foiling as the cut lines will cut into the foil. Thats why you need to spend $$$$ on foiling dies. Then one more thing for now.... Getting the excess foil off the card is a real chore. Yana's 'hinge' method is necessary, as well as cutting your foil as close to the size of  the die you are using.  

I hated the thought of putting it away.... when will I use it again... and will I really get anything done if I take it out???? We'll see, the mixed feelings still remain. 

                         Thanks for listening!

                                  Mary

 


No comments: