Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday, Feb 9th

Just did this!! What fun. I watched a video here..... https://sandimaciver.com/new-card-making-video-3d-embossing-folder-watercoloring/

Had to get up and go do it! So first off, don't use 300# watercolor paper and think you can actually run a 3-D embossing folder through your big shot. I packed, (I think), my 140#, and all I had was thick watercolor paper. I refused to use the stonehenge paper. Old, really lightweight watercolor paper. So when I was stuck struggling with the big shot.. I decided to try the lighter weight stuff. I love it!! Now because I was so excited, I didn't do the 'black' coloring. I can do that later. Here is my fast messy process......




             Nothing is pretty, just waxed paper for the table, paintbrushes, and a palette.

   The 300# paper is on the right and the 90# is already embossed and on the left. The lower right side of the 300# didn't emboss very well.

             Canon SXS40HS 5-6 years old,  much better than a cell.
                                         

                                          
                      I would say 'time to clean', but maybeee I will do another couple backgrounds while everything is still out.

                                    Thanks for looking!

                                                  Mary




                                          

No comments: