Thursday, August 14, 2014

Here is a twist on my blog. Hope everyone is okay with a little variation from the cards & paper arts to some camera exercises. Yes, got a new camera for my birthday. I started the 'photo a  day'  in 2010. We got Gracie, puppy, and that was the extent of the next 363 pictures! So this time, since this camera is
even more awesome, I am going to try again. It is fitting that Gracie is the first picture in the 2014 series!









The next two pictures are of Kyle. The darker (too yellow) picture NOT with the flash that the camera suggested. I don't usually use flash, but today I took different shots and I have to say the camera knows best. I photo shopped the second picture. Notice the green around the jawline??

 
Day 2....Gracie  She is so sweet!








Day 2... Wish I would've seen this sooner! I deliberately didn't edit it.













This is just exactly what it appears to be, wheat, grass, blowing in the wind. Yes, I know I need to get out more!! The second picture was edited in the camera after the picture was taken. Pretty cool.   My other camera had that (or a similar) feature too. 

Canon Eos 70D. Pretty classy. In the next weeks I will add some pictures and maybe some pointers for using this camera. TIP ONE... This is a DSLR and it has the LED screen we love. However, to enable the screen, I have to push a Start button for Live picture. That was new to me. I have always had the image appear on the screen when I turned on the camera. So I asked a rep.Canon and he said that using the viewfinder is optimum. Sometimes the screen image is not what the camera 'sees'. I feel like I should have known that, but honestly I never thought of it. Think about it, the sun could really affect the screen. I have been outside in such bright sun that the screen looks black.
 
 

 

 

No comments: