Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sunday August 4th

 Just added a background to Instagram. Yes, that is all is, a background made with the AAll & Create Spondazzler die. Pretty dies, but I definitely needed some inspiration. Lets get started...

               Took several pictures of the same thing, so I will just feature this one. I cut the smaller dies from kraft cardstock and started gluing. Yes, gluing all the little scrap pieces, (there are 12) all over. I cut them from various colors. Then I ink blended colors over the top of the glued pieces. On the left card I used some speckled egg oxide and some browns. On the right (blueish) card I grabbed distress ink in stormy sky, and uncharted mariner, and scorched earth, then I did add some oxides. The oxides are more opaque. Dried it and let it sit awhile. Then embossed them. Then ran some gilded paste in gold over the top. More scorched earth and some black soot. Think I want more black around the edge of the gold one.  
                        Please if anyone has any ideas for finishing this up it would be appreciated! All I can think of is a big bold Happy Birthday. 
Thanks for looking
Mary


Just wanted to share what I did with the gold background!
 Gertrude needed to get out today! Shes taking the 'scenic' route!

Thanks!

No comments: