Saturday, January 3, 2015


This is pretty long post, so again, I hope you can stay! When I do a shaker card usually the openings are (easy) square with foam mounting tape following the design. When you want to do the specific shapes it gets alittle more complicated. Like the butterfly, star, circles and even a tree shape. This time I would like to share a step by step instruction for any design that you can cut multiple times. The butterfly I used is a Memory box die.


 
 
The first step is to die cut your shape on the patterned paper or cover paper of your choice. I cut the base card (not shown yet) 4 1/2 x 6, The green accent paper is 4 1/4 x 5 3/4 and the printed paper is 4 x 5 1/2. Next cut the 4 pieces of cardstock ( about 3 1/2 x 4). For this cut you will line up the die for the white cardstock to fit under the patterned paper. I cut 2 at a time.  TIP: think where  you are placing the die on the patterned paper. I thought I placed the die too low on the orange card,  I cut higher on this card so that I could add an embellishment or sentiment.



The photo above shows all 4 die cuts cut out. The next step is to tape all four die cuts around the edges. Notice we didn't use foam tape, only two-sided tape! Tape fairly close to the shape. We are making a package for your confetti. The next photo shows the butterfly all lined up and taped together.
 
Next I attached the transparency to the cover paper just over the die cut. Now add the 'package' or cardstock with your die cuts tape behind the transparency. It is alittle different here. I used foam mounting for attaching the 'die cut out' to the green base. I taped all around the butterfly just as I had done with the regular tape. Remove the backing from the tape from ONLY 3 sides. Leave the backing on the top of the card. This is the difference, you will fill your card from the top instead of laying flat!

 
Sorry these last two photos are reversed! The one just shows the card with the confetti added. This one is my finished card. Hope you enjoy!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: